Buckshaw Hospital, Chorley
Buckshaw Hospital is the third day case hospital to have been built and opened by Ramsay in the last two years. The new development is located at Matrix Park, Buckshaw Village, Chorley. It is an extension of services offered by Euxton and Fulwood Hall Hospitals.
The Ramsay Team at Euxton and Fulwood are incredibly excited about the new hospital, not only does it provide further capacity to treat patients in and around the local area, but it develops the service model we already offer in the North West, delivering the best care and patient experience. This major development has created new employment opportunities in the local area, with approximately 70 vacancies being filled in; nursing, nursing support, clinical, administration and support services, with many opportunities for training and professional development. In addition, the facility has eighty car parking spaces and eight electric car charging stations.
What services will be offered at Buckshaw Hospital?
The new development works as a hub and spoke model with Euxton and Fulwood Hall Hospitals. With a day case focus, the team are concentrating on moving key specialities into Buckshaw that operate on a day case pathway. Our focus is on developing:
- One stop clinic service in Urology, Gynaecology, Breast Care and Orthopaedics.
- Day case pathways in key specialities including Gastroenterology, ENT, General Surgery, Gynaecology, Orthopaedics, Urology, Pain Management, Dermatology and Cosmetics.
- Rapid access to diagnostics in our brand new static MRI, CT and 3D Mammography scanning facilities.
Facilities at the new hospital include:
- Two day case theatres, including a purpose built Endoscopy unit
- Outpatient Department equipped with 6 consulting rooms
- Large treatment room for one stop clinics
- Radiology Department
- Physiotherapy Department including 4 bays and 4 rooms